World of Colin

The wanderings and wonderings of a 40year old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom

I turned 40 in 2006 and have been working in the railway industry since November 2005. Prior to that I worked for the same company for 10.5yrs. I live on my own with my dog, Chip; however I have been in a long term relationship with Jane since 1992, Jane lives round the corner which trendy people called LATing – living apart together. We find it suits us, as we are both divorcees and like our own space. Since getting together with Jane we have done some great things and been to some great places, the highlight being the trip to the Arctic Circle via Newcastle, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Helsinki. We subsequently went back to Stockholm for a long weekend a few years ago. We’ve also been to Iceland (see the blog on that trip), Tunisia, Cornwall (several times), Scotland, America (to see my brother who lives in New Hampshire), and Wales and since 2001 we’ve been to the same hotel on the Greek island of Rhodes each September. There we just chill with the friends we’ve made who also return year after year and the owners George and Mary.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Idiot Fights Back

Well I received a letter from "Satellite Assurance Ltd" and this is the letter I've written to them:-

I have recently received a letter from you confirming my new warranty
details. Please cancel this as it was miss-sold to me by your representative.

I was contacted on the 30th March by a gentleman advising me that my satellite warranty had expired and that if I wanted to renew it then he needed my bank details. I was initially suspicious but after it was confirmed (twice) that he represented my current warranty supplier and that you were the approved Sky warranty company I gave him my details.

It was his parting comment that made me realise that he had been lying as he asked me to cancel my current direct debit. A check confirmed that you were neither my current company or indeed approved by Sky.

I have contacted Gwent Trading standards regarding this misrepresentation and this letter will also be sent to Sky.

I would also request that you confirm where you got my home contact details from as I am registered with the Telephone Preference Service so you were in breach of the “Privacy and Electronic (EC Directive) Regulations 2003” and I have therefore
also reported your company to the TPS.

I'm sending a copy to Sky and as I used the Trading Standards website I've already had a card from them asking me to contact them (the registered office for Satellite Assurance is in Gwent) which I shall hopefully do Friday.

I've done a bit of research and it seems that the line used about the warranty expiring is a common one and that some companies just call people at random - they might not even have Sky!
UPDATE 1pm 19th April 2007 - I've had a letter from the TPS stating that they have written to SA Ltd requesting as to why they contacted me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home