World of Colin

The wanderings and wonderings of a 40year old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom

I turned 40 in 2006 and have been working in the railway industry since November 2005. Prior to that I worked for the same company for 10.5yrs. I live on my own with my dog, Chip; however I have been in a long term relationship with Jane since 1992, Jane lives round the corner which trendy people called LATing – living apart together. We find it suits us, as we are both divorcees and like our own space. Since getting together with Jane we have done some great things and been to some great places, the highlight being the trip to the Arctic Circle via Newcastle, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Helsinki. We subsequently went back to Stockholm for a long weekend a few years ago. We’ve also been to Iceland (see the blog on that trip), Tunisia, Cornwall (several times), Scotland, America (to see my brother who lives in New Hampshire), and Wales and since 2001 we’ve been to the same hotel on the Greek island of Rhodes each September. There we just chill with the friends we’ve made who also return year after year and the owners George and Mary.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Invisible Coupé

1 - Driving home at lunchtime Wednesday (31st) and a bus coming in the opposite direction pulls in to a bus stop. The idiot woman driver in a blue shopping trolley following decided that not only she would overtake the bus but do so totally on my side of the road! I managed to do an emergency stop while she nipped back across in front of the bus and scootted on down the road. What's annoying is that the road is wider at the bus stop so she didn't need to be on my side of the road anyway!
2 - I carry on home but about 200yds round the corner a Rover 400 parked on the grass verge decides to reverse onto the road resulting me having to swerve on the opposite side to avoid a collision - luckly there was no oncoming traffic.

Boy was I steaming after that!

3 - The following Saturday I was with Jane drivng through St John's when we got to some lights. Before the lights (Tybridge St) are three lanes, two go right and filter into a three lane road - I was on the inner/righthand lane so to filter into the middle lane in Hylton Road, a Land Rover was in the outer/lefthand lane to carry on into the outer/lefthand/riverside lane. As we came round the corner he seemed to drift towards me so I tooted my horn, no response and he just carries on changing lanes with no indication of seeing me (or even indicating), resulting in me having to swerve into the other (empty!) lane, before slowing down and swinging back into the correct lane behind the LR. He then drove over the bridge then drifted again into another lane, allowing me to move alongside and sound my horn at him again - he just grinned like an idiot and his wife waved her hand at me in a dismissive way! Sadly for him we then came to another set of lights which changed to red - so I saw red, jumped out of the car and went round to his side of the car (while he quickly locked the doors). I then shouted at him through his window what I thought of his driving, pointed out his door mirrors and explained their use, then advised him to use his indicators as well. He carried on grining like an idiot.

Hopefully that was the third time "lucky"- one and my car is now visible to other users.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home